Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Halloween Movie of the Day: Day 5

10. Night of the Living Dead (original version) - This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It can be a bit clunky at times, but it's a classic, and for good reason. I still love Ben's speech about how his first encounter with the zombies, and that sequence of the zombies feasting still disturbs me just a little. If you're a horror fan and you somehow haven't seen it, or don't own it, you can find it easily for very cheap, since a minor mistake with a last minute title change left it as public domain, but it's worth the extra cash to get this version, if just for the fantastic documentary One For The Fire, though the video quality is much better than you can get from the cheapo ones. The stage version is pretty cool, too, if you ever get the chance to see it... I've been twice (once at an outdoor amphitheater, with zombies wandering through the aisles, and just a bit of an autumn wind, which was the perfect atmosphere, even if the acting left a lot to be desired) and am planning to go again this year. That being said, I was a little disappointed when I first heard of the stage version, because I was hoping I'd be the first one to think of it and adapt it, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment